Loeffler 2023 Internship
Giving You the Tools to Succeed!
Come join our team! The Loeffler Construction & Consulting internship program is focused squarely on your professional development. We understand the importance and value of nurturing the next generation of leaders in the construction industry. Our internship program provides hands-on experience working with industry leaders both in the office and in the field, to help you become a well-rounded construction professional. This program will provide you with experience in areas including pre-construction through construction and close-out, estimating, scheduling, quality control, engineering, presentations, marketing, and administration on active projects.
Loeffler Core Values
Loeffler Construction & Consulting was founded on the idea that we are “Integrity Built.” Integrity built means always doing the right thing for our clients, our staff, and our community. This extends to our everyday culture and our core values. At Loeffler, we strive to always be ethical, hungry, humble, and smart. We offer a firm where you can gain real, on the job experience including mentorship, networking, and continuous learning – Giving you the tools to succeed!
Summary of Position
Loeffler is looking for curious, hard-working and positive intern(s) to support project managers, estimators and/or the field superintendents as needed for various project in estimating, procurement, and field related activities with Loeffler Construction. The position will be based out of our Lakeville office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Pre-Construction team with pre-construction activities and assignments, including quantity take offs and estimates
- Update project historical bid results into estimating system
- Attend project meetings including weekly OAC and pre-bid proposal meetings
- Prepare and distribute project agendas and meeting minutes
- Assistant with Procore project set up including setting up submittal packages and uploading plans
- File project documents in project folders
- Take existing project site condition photos and file
- Prepare RFIs for submittal to the project design team
- Draft owner change orders for review by Sr. Project Manager
- Review basic submittals for adherence to project specifications
- Attend site pre-install meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Assist with material procurement coordination and delivery
- Document punch list items in Procore
- Assist the field team
- Assist with construction jobsite /office administrative duties
- Assist with construction schedule updates
- Assist the marketing team with proposals, marketing events, and other marketing related activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, attention to details, and organizational skills
- Good judgment, logic, and ability to learn new things quickly
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic/Self-motivated
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Requires high school diploma
- Currently enrolled in a credited university or school programs for engineering, construction, architecture or related field. Additional course work in drafting and estimating encouraged. GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Knowledge of construction industry a plus
- Must possess a clean criminal background, valid driver’s license and pass a drug test
- Provide a copy (original not required) of school transcripts
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Extensive use of computer, keyboard, and mouse
- Occasional standing, bending, walking and minor lifting is also required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal. Employee must be able to communicate effectively in a typical office environment with a standard level of office noise. Occasional standing, bending, walking and minor lifting is also required.
Employee will be required to visit construction jobsites, which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures. In addition, employee must be able to move around prospective or current project sites. This includes climbing ladders, scaffolding, walking on uneven surfaces, walking long distances, and climbing stairs. Noise will typically be moderate.
Loeffler Construction & Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as consistent with applicable law.
Several ways to apply: visit loefflerconstruction.com/careers and submit your cover letter, resume, and transcripts • Visit our job listings on Handshake • Send us an email at email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, and transcripts
To apply for a position, please fill out the form below. Be sure to include your resume and a cover letter.